Trying Manga

em segunda-feira, 2 de abril de 2018 |


I'm sooooo sorry for taking so long to come back!
I was so focused on finishing my second book that I wrote the books but totally forgot to post them!
I will try to do better now that the book is finally finished! Promise!



You guys probably don’t know but I have a friend that’s always nagging me to see anime. Which I tried but didn’t fall for – much for her never ending discontent.

While having a conversation about how anime was, to her, like reading was to me; we discussed manga and I got intrigued enough to think about trying. I’d tried graphic novels, and didn’t hate them, maybe manga would be the same. Besides, another friend can’t stop posting cute manga scenes on Instagram and I’m a very curious person. Add that to a good post topic and you have to recipe to my decision.

Now comes the question, where to start?

I’m a fantasy, sci-fi, lover but that seemed a bit complicated to star. Besides having to get used to terminologies and manners of talking, I would have to follow a complex plot line so maybe not the best idea… I asked my first friend (the one who annoyed me to fall in love over anime) where, how and what to read and followed her instructions to the letter.

Those instructions led me Honey by Meguru Amu. The story of a boy who asks a girl out before they get married. No, they are not engaged, he’s just in love and knows they will marry – eventually.

Accuse yourself if you don’t get curious after reading that synopsis, I mean, it’s not just me, is it?
Image result for honey by meguro amu
So on went my journey. One chapter, not impressed.

Two chapters, still not hooked.

Third and fourth chapters… and I’m addicted. I finished the three available mangas in a night, without noticing it, and was then left with the need for more.

The story is quite simple, it’s a romance at the age of fifteen there’s nothing complex or over complicated. Just a girl, acting kind, and a boy falling for the way that made him feel.

The story is so simple, so pure, that you get suck into it before you even notice. And you’re flying though the pages, reading chapter after chapter, trying to will the into being together.

Honestly, although it seems to be very different from reading an actual book, just with words and descriptions, reading manga is pretty similar. I got attached to the characters just the same, I shipped, cried and was mad just like in a normal book. The only thing it took me sometime to get used to was the reading from right to left and the vocabulary, like how to address someone and the differences between them. Still, I’ve read books based on different cultures that made as hard to read, or harder because you didn’t have drawings to help.
Related image
So, if you’re afraid of starting mangas, don’t be. After the first 10/20 pages you will be totally immersed on the story; and after that, you won’t want another thing.

I’m honestly addicted, every time I’m bored or only have my cell phone near by I go for manga now. And I’m not even sorry. Because I love it.

So that’s it guys! I ventured on a strange quest to find the joy in manga and got sucked into that world. * send help! *

I you’re looking to start, try Honey from Meguru Amu, it’s simple but amazingly fantastic.

Honey’s rating: 4,5 stars

Have you tried manga? What are your thoughts on this type of book?



1 comentário:

  1. Awesome post! I have been curious about manga but have never tried it! I will have to pick one up soin!

    ResponderEliminar