| Review | The Hound of the Baskervilles by Guerra e Paz

em domingo, 15 de abril de 2018 |

Hello book-nerds!
Even though I'm not having much time to write reviews - university, I'm reading pretty much. I was hoping to read 40 books this year but I've done 22 already, so I may have to update my reading goal!
What about you? How's your year of books going?




As in the last review, I was mainly attracted to this book because of this edition. I’m completely in love with them and I’ve just seen that Guerra and Paz has launched Dracula (that I have been dying to read but are never satisfied with an edition) and I need to get my hands on that one as well.
If you’d like to buy one of these amazing books, or maybe all of them, you can click this link.

Review:

~ I was given a copy of this book by Guerra e Paz ~

38746360

If you’ve read my previous reviews you probably know this series is normally narrated by a group of people, mainly kids, that decide to give the original book a chance and that keep interrupting the narrative with comments or theories. I don’t usually mind them, it feels like you’re reading with a friend but in The Hound of the Baskervilles we had no kids, this story was told as if a blog post from Watson – which was amazing to be honest.
The author captured the essence of Sherlock Holmes quite well, the way he talks and makes others feel with that extraordinary mind.
What didn’t sit very good with me, I’m not sure why, but it was the author’s writing (the Portuguese one that made the translation), how she decided to make them talk mainly. It just sounded a bit off.
But it might just be me, honestly.
As always, I greatly enjoyed playing with the images and illustrations and words running away. Especially on this one because they had the care of making letters, letters.
An overall very well job.

Rating: 4 stars


What are you thinking of this series by Guerra e Paz? Let me know in the comments!!
Also, should I try and read the actual book and make a post comparing the two editions?


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário