| Review | Fire and Ice | Jennifer DiGiovanni

em segunda-feira, 23 de abril de 2018 |

Here's a new review, book-nerds!!
I'm doing better right? I'm trying very hard to be organised, but I still have a long way to go before having my reviews in order. Still, how's your reading going?


38209170

Synopsis: 

After suffering a rare illness, straight-A student Cara Scotto struggles to deal with lingering side effects. Refusing to admit she can’t handle the disruptions in her otherwise normal life, she tries to move on and heal.


Alexander DeMarsh is unhappy about returning to his small hometown for three weeks. He prefers living in the city, where he attends an elite boarding school far away from his overprotective parents. Sure, they have reason to worry about him. As a Generator, Alex’s body constantly manufactures supernatural energy that’s often difficult to control.

Over winter break, Alex runs into Cara and picks up on the powers they share. Soon, he realizes Cara is the only person in the world who has any chance of understanding him. But first, he needs to find a way to draw out her supernatural abilities without revealing too many secrets of his own.


Review:


*I was given an ecopy of this book as part of a review tour*

It has taken me sometime to get the courage to write this review. Not because I hated the book and was scared do make this entire thing about all the things that made me want to gauge my eyes out, because to be honest, it was a pretty enjoyable book. But mainly because I’m not sure what to say.

Fire and Ice follows the story of Cara Scotto an apparently normal teenager, struggling with the lingering side effects of an unknown disease. And Alex DeMarsh, apparently the typical rich boy, that guards a very supernatural secret.

Okay, so, conflicted feelings about this book.

While the story is entertaining and well structured, I found that the writing lacked a bit of deepness. It moved too quickly, characters lock gazes for the first time and they’re already feeling their skin electrified or trusting each other like they’re the best of friends.

I think the author could’ve handled better the whole entering the supernatural world and being hunted by a bad guy. We never actually get the feeling that Cara accepted or rejected that thoughts, she’s kind of just in between.
However, the writing is quick-passed not giving the reader a heartbeat to relax or get comfortable before launching the next grenade at us. And relationships (aside from the main one) are well-constructed, mainly with her family – which I loved.

If you enjoy new and exciting supernatural abilities (I’d never seen Generators in books) and don’t mind the insta-romance give this book a try, because it deserves it.


Are you familiar with this story? Or this author? Let me know everything in the comments!


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário