Review- Girl of Glass by Megan O'Russell

em sábado, 13 de janeiro de 2018 |
Warning: This review may contain spoilers. Please read the following text at your expense and risk.
Resultado de imagem para Girl of Glass Megan O'Russell

Synopsis:
Two worlds... one glass wall... no turning back.
The human race has been divided. The chosen few live in the safety of the domes, watching through their glass walls as those left on the outside suffer and die. But desperation has brought invention, and new drugs have given the outsiders the strength to roam the poisoned night unafraid – but it comes at a price.
Seventeen-year-old Nola Kent has spent her life in the domes, being trained to protect her little piece of the world that has been chosen to survive. The mission of the domes is to preserve the human race, not to help the sick and starving. But when outsider Kieran Wynne begs for Nola’s help in saving an innocent life, she is drawn into a world of darkness and danger. The suffering on the other side of the glass is beyond anything Nola had imagined, and turning her back on the outside world to return to the safety of the domes may be more than she can stand. Even when her home is threatened by the very people Nola wants to help.




First, I want to thank Megan O’Russell for giving me the opportunity to read this book and second, I want to apologize for the very long wait.

Girl of Glass was a book that once I picked it up I could not put it down. I was hooked to book and to every aspect of the story.
This book is very easy to read and that’s why I read it so quickly as soon as I got the time to pick it up. To be honest, there's not much I could say about this book except that I appreciated it and that I found the premise to be something interesting. A story that involves Werewolves, Vampires, and a dystopian world! I wasn't expecting it when I first read the synopsis of the book. In fact, when I learned about that, I wasn’t very convinced but then it made sense and contributed, somehow, to the story!

I had troubles to connect with Nola, but on the other hand, I didn't have the same issue with Jeremy. Kieran... He gave me mixed feelings, but that's another story!

Back to Nola! She’s is as normal as a 17-year-old teenager can be. Pretty much normal, in fact. Except for the fact that she has lost her father and her best friend, Kieran (who was expelled, along with his father, from the Dome). It’s never expected that such young person goes through those types of loss. She’s living a normal life, though. She goes to school, helps serving food to the inhabitants of the city (the ones who weren’t lucky enough to get to live in the safety of the Dome) and relies on her closest friend since Kieran, Jeremy. Nola is not the usual type of heroine: the one that is fearless and doesn’t care about losing the life she has. The best thing about Nola is that she wants to help the people from the city, but she also knows that the world outside the Dome is dangerous and therefore she is afraid of losing the security of her home. She’s afraid to get caught and to suffer, which is something that I appreciate about her. So why I didn’t feel a connection towards Nola? I do not know how to properly explain without contradicting myself, but there were times that I thought about her as being a little too innocent, too confusing and sometimes selfish.

Jeremy is such a lovable character (to be honest), he’s very sweet, kind and understanding with Nola. He cares very much about her and is willing to do anything for her. And when I mean anything, I mean ANYTHING. It’s clear as water how much she means to him, and it makes me sad that Nola cares about him, but not as much as he does. Jeremy is a keeper, girls!

Kieran… Oh, Kieran! I challenge you to read the book and discover by yourselves why I have mixed feelings about him! A small clue: I liked him almost throughout the entire book.
The last pages of the book made me confused and were fast-paced, making the ending abrupt. It’s a clever move, though, because now I really need to read the second book to clear my mind a little!

 Rating: 4/5





1 comentário: