Review- Broken Ties by Kenechi Udogu

em quinta-feira, 14 de setembro de 2017 |
Resultado de imagem para Broken Ties by Kenechi UdoguSynopsis: Paul Colt has a problem, and it is not one most teenage boys face. Yes, he likes a girl; one he’s pretty certain he’ll do foolish things for, given the chance. But he can’t go after her, or any other girl for that matter. That’s what he gets for being an Averter; forced to toe the line for the propagation of the collective. He knows some rules are okay to trifle with, and there are some which should never be broken. The gravest of them all?

Don’t fall in love.

Ever.

This is the story of how Paul breaks that rule.






Broken Ties is the prequel from The Mentalist series by Kenechi Udogu.
After reading Broken Ties I found that the book didn’t add much to the main books and the main story, but it may work as a curiosity about Paul and Nora’s romance.
I like History very much. I’m always curious about the past and I’m always eager to learn more and more. Perhaps it was this curiosity about the past that kept me from disliking the book, despite my previous thoughts.
What I found negative, was that I didn’t feel connected to the characters at all and the romance itself was a bit awkward. Plus, I felt like the most interesting and perhaps more important part was forgotten: what exactly happened after they ran away? How did they live? What happened after they realized they were expecting Gemma?
So many questions!
The story is well written, though! And I found quite positive to know what way 16-year-old Paul saw his situation as an Averter.


 

Rating: 3/5

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário